Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A sign....

My creative mojo has been really flowing lately....Not sure if it is my sudden lack of ability to sleep or what, but I guess it's not such a bad thing.  I've got all my classes done from now through June....LOL
 
Been messing around with Distress Stains a lot lately...Really love how they work on wood....It's nice to be able to get a great background color on the wood without having to break out the acrylic paints....And the best thing: it takes one coat....no sanding or sealing of the wood necessary!

Here is my latest result of dabbling with Distress Stains:


This wooden sign was based with Walnut Stain Distress Stain.  I used the Fanciful Flight die to make the butterfly.  The butterfly's top layer was made with grungepaper and the bottom layer was cut from a manilla tag.  The bottom layer was inked with Distress Inks in various colors and assembled with the top layer.  Then I filled in all of the 'wing spaces' with Rock Candy Distress Stickles.   This gives the wings an almost transparent effect.

 
I really love the new Word Bands from Tim Holtz Idea-ology line.  This Word Band was rubbed with Pearl Paint Dabbers to make the letters stand out.   The Word Band was adhered to the sign using Matte Medium and hemp twine.  This twine has been my go-to embellishment lately.  I love it because it matches just about anything.  I love this twine so much that I decided to order it in black last week...  LOL

Look for a class coming in May featuring the Distress Stains.  We have a few colors available at the store at the moment, but more will be trickling in in the next couple of months.  Stay tuned to the newsletter in the next few weeks for more class announcements. 

Don't forget it's Double Punch week this week at the store.  Spend $10 and get two punches on your Scrap Saver card!  Woohoo!!

Happy Inking!!

No comments: