Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lindsey here again and my creative mojo has been flowing this week!  Wow!!

I'm having a lot of fun making these wooden tags....This one is based with Fired Brick and Wild Honey Distress Stains and allowed to dry.  Then, using the Wallpaper stamp from Tim Holtz CMS126, I embossed the background with gold WOW! embossing powder.

Next, using tissue tape and a cardstock circular base, I created a rosette.  Then, I used some Adornments from the Ideaology charm pack.  To make them match my background, I colored them with gold alcohol ink.  I adhered the wings and crown to the rosette using a strong adhesive such as Studio Matte Medium or Glossy Accents.  A Fractured Doll was adhered on top of the wings and crown.  Once the embellishments were set, I inserted a memo pin and distressed Adage ticket (inked with Peeled Paint) behind the rosette and adhered the entire circle to the tag.  I finished off the tag with some green lace and a crystal bauble.

Want to learn more about Distress Stains?  Look for a class or two being offered in a couple of months!  In the meantime, happy scrappin'!!  :)

No comments: